Thursday, November 11, 2010

This is my 3rd day in London


I am having such a great time. I love walking around and seeing the sights and mingling with the regular folks. Today I went to the Victoria and Albert Museum and it was awesome. I took some pictures and totally enjoyed myself. I stayed way longer than I thought I would. After the museum I decided to just walk. The weather was windy but the sun was starting to shine. I walked and checked out the tube but decided to continue walking and noticed a sign that said "Buckingham Palace". So I followed that sign and came upon the most awesome sight which was the Buckingham Palace. There were 2 young ladies among the other tourists and they asked me to take their picture and of course I said yes if they would take mine. Thus this is the picture of me in front of Buckingham Palace.
Immediately after this picture was taken it started raining. I ducked into a little gift shop on the grounds and tried to wait it out but then decided to make a mad dash and then ducked into another shop with exactly the same merchandise and the same prices. :-)
I found my bus but the lady said she wasn't running the bus right now but she gave me shelter until mine came and put me on the right one and off I go back to the hotel. I know my way around coming from Harrod's (did you think I wouldn't know about Harrod's?). I got off there and continued my walk back to the hotel. I bet I covered alot of miles today. I came home and got into dry clothes and waited for Lamont to come back. At 5:30 he walked in. I could tell he was stressed from work and needed to compress. I offered to get him a beer in the bar downstairs but he declined. We talked about going out but he had 2 conference calls to get thru before he could make that decision. In the meantime friends from work asked him to meet them and he asked me if that was ok. Of course it is ok. I went to the hotel restaurant and ate a big fat steak. I didn't eat lunch and was starving. I was feeling a bit lonely and sorry for myself but I had to remind myself that I am in London with my son and it can't get any better than that. So enough of my complaining.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home