Tuesday, November 9, 2010

We made it!

We finally got to London. The flight was horrible, lots of turbulence. I slept some but the turbulence kept waking me up. Before we took off I noticed several people on the flight that were from London. I eavesdropped on their conversation and practiced listening to the accent. So far, I am able to understand most of the people.
It is cold and cloudy here. We took a brisk walk in the neighborhood last night, visited several pubs and ate at an Italian restaurant.
I have a book that gives me info on what to see and I found a blog with helpful hints. One of the hints was to watch out for traffic. Last night Lamont and I were waiting to cross a street. I stepped off of the curb and immediately a horned bleeped at me. I screamed and jumped back onto the curb all the while Lamont was laughing hysterically at me. When you come to a street to cross you have to be very careful. You automatically look to your right and then left but it is the opposite way over here since they drive on the WRONG side of the road. So pray I don't get run over. I will have pictures of our hotel room later today.
I still can't believe I am here and with Lamont...AWESOME!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home