Wednesday, December 8, 2010

White trash...

I went to a friend's house the other night. The theme was wine of course. We were all to bring appetizers or dessert and our hostess was to provide the wine. I was looking forward to it because there were a couple of ladies there that I have admired and I wanted to get to know them better. The topic of my tub in the backyard usually comes up and it is quite the joke and I always make fun of it but in reality it is upsetting to me because as a woman/wife my home is a reflection of who I am. Maybe I am wrong in this thought process.



Anyway, as I was telling these ladies about my tub in the backyard and how I have tried everything in my power to get Stanley to get rid of it I have run into a wall which isn't moving. Stanley wants it back there and nothing I have said or done has changed his mind. One lady said "Oh I would have just called someone to move it." One lady said "Oh that just wouldn't do to have it sitting out there." I don't know what kind of men their husband's are but do they really have that much power in their homes that what they say goes? Whether hubby wants it or not?
Or is it because I am married to a non-Christian?
I wouldn't mind if he kept this except I see it from my patio windows all day every day. It is there where everyone who comes into my home sees it. Their first reaction is "What is that?" I have tried making a joke of it but deep down it embarrasses me. So what do you do? I have put large plants in front of it to disguise it, right now my patio table and chairs is in front of it but you can see it anyway.
There is another part of my yard that 2 large windows look out upon but the yard is very ugly due to Stanley's shed and so I have to keep the shades pulled down. I have asked Stanley to move the tub to that part of the yard since no one can see it but he refuses. So basicly I have no say so about how my yard looks. Below is the picture of that part of the yard.

Needless to say when I left that evening I felt like white trash.

1 Comments:

At December 19, 2010 at 7:42 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Men just don't get it. We do feel that our home is a reflection of US. I get it. And I feel your pain.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home