Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Summer again...

Yesterday started my week on and week off of keeping Wesley and Hayden. I did have Wesley alone a couple of weeks ago and it was a breeze. Yesterday was fun, today however is overwhelming, frustrating, tiring and exhausting....oh wait that is the same thing as tiring. Right? Trying to get these two moving is alot like herding cats. They move very slow and do one thing at a time at a slow pace, again I am repeating myself. When we were about to walk out the door I asked Hayden if he had a shirt. He said "Yes, it is outside by the trampoline." "OK," I say "can you go get it?" Off he goes walking VERY slow. So, after watching and wanting to scream HURRY UP!!!! He finally gets back in the house and we open the door to walk out and I notice Hayden is without shoes. I said "Hayden, you got shoes?" He says "Yes, they are outside by the trampoline." About this time my voice starts to escalate and I say "ARE YOU KIDDING ME?" He very timidly says "NO ma'am." While we are watching him Wesley looks at me and says "Mimi why are you yelling at us?" I said "Because you guys are taking forever to get anything done!". Hayden finally gets back inside and off we go again and they are dressed and ready to go. They went to a neighbors house while I ran a few errands. I felt bad about yelling and decided I needed a game plan if we are going to get anywhere today. They want to go to the water park but getting them moving is not something I look forward to. So, my plan is to tell them what needs to be done before we go and we need to go BEFORE 2 pm. Wish me luck. I will keep you posted on if this works or not. They are 10 years old by the way, not 4.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home